Contractor Title: eLearning Writer/Editor
Supervisor: Director of eLearning Development
FLSA Status: Contractor
Prepared By: Andrew Fulp
The primary deliverables of the eLearning Writer/Editor is to write, review, and edit unit content for SCAD eLearning courses as assigned.
- Collaborate with design teams on the overall design and development of online courses.
- Interview course subject-matter experts on topics defined within the course development plan.
- Write unit content for eLearning courses based on information ascertained through interviews with subject matter experts and personal research.
- Review and copyedit content, assignments, assessments, and interactions for online courses.
- Thorough knowledge of best practices for writing and copyediting.
- Familiarity with multimedia and Web technologies.
- Familiarity with Turabian/Chicago style.
- Experience with research, writing, and editing Web content.
Proficiency with the following technologies:
- MS Office
- Adobe Acrobat Writer/Reader
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Writing, Journalism, Communications, or related field, and up to two to four years professional experience. Experience working with higher education and/or instructional design projects preferred.
Exceptional writing and editing skills are crucial to success of these assignments.