The deadline to apply for the Summer 2019 ASME Magazine Internship Program is December 1, 2018.
This summer internship program allows students to work for major magazines in Washington D.C. and/or New York City.
More details are available at: https://asmeinternship.secure-platform.com/a
Please note that students must submit all application materials on the website.
The Magazine Internship Program usually gives preference to students who have been recommended by academic departments and career-guidance offices over other applicants from the same school.
Thursday, October 5, 2017
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
Two Positions offered jointly by the
Minnesota Pork Producers Association and the Minnesota Pork Board
The Minnesota Pork Board oversees the state’s investment in the areas of research, promotion and education. It is funded by the mandatory Pork Checkoff.
The Minnesota Pork Producers Association (MPPA) serves the state’s pork industry through its focus on public policy and issues management. This organization is funded through membership fees and pork producers’ voluntary contributions.
Location: Mankato, Minn.
Term: Minimum of 12 weeks
Wages: $12 per hour plus overtime over 40 hours, no benefits
Mileage and expenses for work purposes will be reimbursed
Housing will not be provided (assistance available to locate housing)
Eligibility: Individuals that have completed freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year of college
Preferred Majors: Agricultural Education, Animal Science, Marketing, Economics, Journalism, Public Relations, Education or Mass Communications
Tasks and Opportunities:
Selected intern will be assigned projects overseen by MPPA/MPB staff. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
- Work with individual staff members to complete on-going or new projects
- Projects may include: pork ambassador events, state and county fairs, newsletter articles, youth education material development and social media
- Attend and participate in staff meetings, producer committee meetings and industry working group meetings
- Plan and facilitate local and state level events that primarily target non-farming audiences
- Intern(s) will work closely with the MPB’s Oink Outings program. Oink Outings: consumer outreach events that facilitate a dialogue between farmers and consumers at farmer’s markets, family focused events, etc.
- Manage logistical details, transportation and set up of displays and pork exhibit trailer
- Minnesota State Fair
- Other duties as assigned
Some overnight travel required. Extensive driving required.