Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Thursday, February 8, 2018
Anavah Consulting is hiring a copy editor in the Marshall area!
Copy Editor Job Summary
We are seeking an experienced and detail-oriented editor to help ensure the accuracy of our various written materials. In this role, you will play a key part in managing the reputation of our business by confirming that all materials that represent the company are polished, professional, and error-free. Most of this work will revolve around editing anywhere from 500-2,000 word blogs. I have two blogs, one on general business focusing on customer experience and employee experience. The other is more opinion and experiences in the outdoors. However, from time to time and depending on ability and experience, you may also provide concepts or copy for the aforementioned blogs.
Copy Editor Duties and Responsibilities
- Rewrite, and edit copy in order to improve upon it.
- Read copy to identify and correct errors in spelling, grammar, and syntax.
- Fact-check copy to ensure that all dates, names, statistics, and facts are correct.
- Identify ways that the structure and flow of content could be improved.
- Be able to turn copy around in less than two weeks.
Copy Editor Requirements and Qualifications
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Time management skills with the capability to effectively prioritize and multitask.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Photoshop, InDesign, and various other publishing tools.
- The ability to meet deadlines.
- Previous business experience.
- Love of outdoors
- Prefer an editor from the Marshall area, but will accept any Central Minnesota area.
To apply, please send the following to Michelle Doerr at email@example.com by February 15, 2018:
1. Provide cover letter, resume and two references
2. At least two samples of your previous written work.
3. Less than 250 words briefly describing your small business and outdoor experience.